Leek and sweet potato soupMar 26, 2020
Soups and stews are simply the best. Next to preparing salads, they're the easiest method of getting delicious, colorful, antioxidant and nutrient-dense vegetables into our diets. Most people ask me what the most critical change they can make to their diet and my answer is always is add more vegetables! No matter what their issue, whether it's weight loss or elevated cholesterol or hormonal imbalances. Vegetables are always part of the solution. That's because vegetables provide us with...
- vitamins and minerals, essential nutrients to
- resistant starch & oligosaccharides (prebiotic food for gut bacteria)
- fiber both soluble & insoluble to help balance blood sugar, reduce cholesterol, move waste through the intestinal system
- complex carbohydrates for energy
- essential fatty acids
- and so much more!
Here's a recipe for an immune-boosting and filling and protein-packed soup. It's simple to prepare, all you need is some fresh veggies, a pot, and red lentils. You'll have a dish ready within minutes. This recipe is made at least twice a month through the fall and winter months in our home. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 3 large leeks rinsed and sliced into 1/2 inch slices or 4 small (approx 6 cups sliced)
- 2 cloves of garlic finely minced
- 1 sweet potato with the skin on cut into 1/2 inch cubes (approx 2 cups diced)
- 1 cup of diced carrots
- 10 cups of water or broth (or enough water or broth to just cover the vegetables)
- 1 cup of raw red lentil
- 1 piece of kombu (optional for additional nutrients and to better digest the starches)
- 4 stems celery finely diced
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp sea or Himalayan salt
- 1/4 ts celery seed powder or 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 bunch of parsley, finely diced
- Add all ingredients outside of the red lentils and parsley and bring the mixture to a boil. Next add the red lentils, salt and pepper and lower the heat. Cover the pot and allow to simmer for 30 minutes or until all the vegetables are cooked through. Turn off the burner add parsley and give it a good stir.
- Serve and enjoy!
Ready to take control of your health and get to the heart of the matter?
Schedule a FREE Call with us today to uncover the ROOT CAUSE of your weight gain and find out if our program is the perfect fit for you!
Don't let excess weight hold you back any longer - let's uncover the truth and set you on the path to success!
Ready to unlock the secrets to healthy living and weight loss for women over 40?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to receive delicious recipes, valuable health tips, and expert weight loss advice! Don't miss out on exclusive content designed specifically for you - subscribe today!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.